Menu 4 - Food magazines are great

Posted 11:28 AM by Sarah in
Hello all! I'm happy to say that all the recipes for this week are brand new! Well, maybe I shouldn't announce that off the bat - because I don't know how good they'll be, but I've got a good feeling about it. Bon Appetit and Food and Wine rarely let me down!

I've also noticed that I don't often include desserts in my menus. Well, consider this your lucky week. I found a few summer desserts that I just couldn't pass up!

Monday
Grilled Portabello Parmesan --> This looks like it should be delicious. Doesn't seem to be any tomato sauce... my curiosity is piqued.
Salad --> I would make a nice green salad with Italian dressing - or if you are being really fancy, make an Antipasta.

Tuesday
Grilled Lemon-Oregano Chicken Drumsticks --> Anything on a stick is delicious. End of story.
Campfire potatoes
Salad
Smore's --> C'mon how can you have campfire potatoes and not smore's?

Wednesday
Chicken & Green Bean Salad --> It's official, I've become a Boulderite, this salad also includes Farro which is a multigrain that is high in protein. Still looks delicious to me. What do you think?
Minted watermelon Popscicles

Thursday
Chipotle marinated steak with avocado-corn relish
Refried Black Beans --> I just like to heat up a can of these delicious beans

Friday
Cherry tomatoes stuffed with marinated feta
Salmon with snap peas
Salad
Melon granitas with whipped cream

Pretty delicious looking week, don't you think? Now I need to head out and buy my ingredients so I can actually make this food!

Have a wonderful week! Don't forget to become a foodie (it's on the right hand side of the page)

8 comment(s) to... “Menu 4 - Food magazines are great”

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Made the mushrooms last night and they were AMAZING!!! (and pretty easy to make too) -- A hint, in order to get the gills off the mushroom - use a sharp knife and scrape gently. You'll be surprised how easily they come off. (Also don't be a perfectionist, a few mushroom gills never hurt anyone :P)



Sarah said...

I loved the chicken too. Next time I might not do thyme and rosemary potatoes and stick to garlic and salt.



Anonymous said...

I think the mushrooms were AMAZING! Can't wait to make them again.



Kate said...

I thought I commented before, but I guess it deleted. You should put up he salmon recipe that you told me over the phone. it was delicious



Unknown said...

Okay...I'm trying to comment again. I hope it works. We ate the faro salad last night. It was delicious...totally light, yet filling. I give it a ten. Thanks for all the good ideas. Keep up the good work, sis.



Sarah said...

Rachel - were you able to find Farro? I couldn't - so we just omitted it and added spinach - it was INCREDIBLE! Can't wait for leftover night! :)



Sarah said...

Kate - glad you liked the recipe. I'll check if I've posted it in a previous menu - if not, consider it in next week's. :)



Unknown said...

phew, leaving a comment on this blog is confusing! loved the salmon! but i'd use a little less oil next time.