Menu 3 - Summer Lovin'

Posted 3:26 PM by Sarah in
I'm sure by the time you are reading this, you have over done it on hot dogs, hamburgers and other traditional 4th of July fare, I know I have. If you haven't please disregard the rest of this blog and just eat hot dogs and hamburgers all week. For the rest of us - here are some nice meals to cleanse your pallet.

*My disclaimer is that I am out of town this weekend and don't have my recipes with me *gasp*. This is good because I am going out to eat and not in the kitchen all weekend, but bad because you will need to wait until Monday for the full list of ingredients / recipes. I apologize for the delay, but on a weekend like this you should be out celebrating anyway (and not shopping!)

Monday
Grilled cheese
Tomato Soup <-- I've made the soup from scratch and bought it from a can... to me, the difference is minimal and the amount of work for "from scratch" is huge. Just buy it! (But if you have guests over, tell them you slaved over it for days!)

Tuesday

Egg salad & Tuna salad <-- I just use canned tuna and add some mayo and carrots (and pickles if I'm feeling daring) You can make this into sandwiches or serve with crackers and chips. It's also nice to have some sliced cheese to add to the sandwiches.

Wednesday

Lettuce wraps <-- so easy, yet they taste SO divine (I use turkey instead of beef) Sweet 'n Sour eggplant

Thursday

Salmon with garlic butter
Salad <-- choose a salad from last week, or make your own.

Friday

Tortilla Soup (this hearty dish can be a meal in itself, but if you want, spruce it up with some other Mexican favorites - chips and guacamole, quesadillas...)

2 comment(s) to... “Menu 3 - Summer Lovin'”

2 comments:

Kate said...

I like how Friday is the Mexican version of Monday. Tortilla soup and quesadillas are my favorite



Sarah said...

Yeah - now you can actually know how to make some of these foods -- I have put the recipes up!!